Lemons are super sour, just how I like them. I love lemons and when I was younger I would eat them all the time, until I found out too much acid is not good for your teeth or your stomach. Lemons are used quite in quite a few things, such as tea, water, marinades, salad, seasonings, cakes, etc. Lemon water is widely use because it is such a great diuretic. I drink lemon water first thing in the morning to break my fast from overnight. It wakes the body up and let’s just say, it gets things moving.
Lemon is very versatile in that you can use it for anything, even cleaning the house or disinfecting a wound. Aside from that, how else is lemon helpful?
- alkalizing to restore the body’s pH balance
- rich in vitamin C and flavonoids to fight infections like the flu and colds
- stimulates liver and dissolves uric acid
- liquefies bile
- increases peristalsis in the bowel to regulate bowel movements (cleans your poo)
- the acid helps to dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits and kidney stones
- helps neutralize free radicals
- acid destroys intestinal worms
- the juice destroys the bacteria of malaria, typhoid, cholera, and diphtheria
Lemons do more than just taste good. They keep the body in proper function, fighting off diseases and bacteria that want to tear the body down. Next time you’re in the grocery store, buy a lemon, or two, or ten. You can never have enough lemons.