I made a video on my goals for 2017-2019. So now I want to go year by year and we are going to start with 2017, which begins tomorrow. With 2016 coming to an end, I’ve been reflecting on all of the things that the year has brought me. I got my first apartment and a damn nice one at that and I also became a teacher. Those were two very big steps I took in my adult life; getting my own place and starting a career.
These were things that I have been working on for years and I never thought that they would happen within months of each other. Now that I am settling into things, I do have some expectations of the upcoming year.
- To be a bestselling author by the end of the year. I know it’s possible.
- Be able to write full time.
- Be able to begin the process of building a tiny home.
- Connect with my soulmate, fall in love and get pregnant.
- I want yoga to become more proficient in my life.
- My passport needs some loving so I am definitely all for chances to travel.
- Blogging has been a passion the past few years so if that could take off, finally, I’m all for it.
- Be a brand ambassador for Black brands that are relevant to me and beneficial.
- Collaborative efforts with other like-minded individuals.
- Network with other Blackpreneurs such as poets, bloggers, writers and authors.
- Move to a more climate friendly place for melanin rich people.
- Financial stability is a huge one for me. That was something I began working on in 2015 and so far, I am doing very well with it. I have paid off so much debt in 2016, it’s ridiculous and I have a little way to go before I start working on my student loans.
- Save more money for emergencies. I have never been a good saver, but I am also not a huge spender. I spend most of my checks on debt and now that I am coming to a good place with that, I can save more money.
- Build friendships and better the ones that I already have.
- Lastly, to step out of my comfort zone and go for what I want. I’m specifically talking about my dreams. In order for me to achieve them I have to push myself to do things that make me feel uncomfortable like open mic night at the poetry lounge, telling whoever I am in a relationship with exactly how I feel, be more aggressive with my wants and needs and put forth more effort into things.
These things I want to achieve by the end of 2017 and I have created a checklist and will make a video/post as I accomplish them. I want to keep track and record my accomplishments so I can look back on them and see how far I have come. See you all in the new year.
xoxo, Afro Hippie Vegan, Last day of 2016